quarta-feira, 20 de maio de 2015

What’s Naughty Dog Got Against First Person Games ?



“In The Last of Us, you’re tight, the camera is brought way in on Joel. You’re up close, there’s the sense that there’s danger all around you. A whole setpiece can just take place around fighting in an old [supermarket]. It’s intimate. Dangerous. Every bullet counts”, Says Ricky Cambier to our Sister Magazine, games™ (1). He’s the Lead Designer on Uncharted 4. He’s been at Naughty Dog a while – Long Enough to See the Impact The Last Of Us had on the Studio. “In Uncharted 4, you’ve got the island we showed you in the demo and its sense of scale so, you’ve got this island and its pillars and its rope swings and you need to see some of that but, you still get the sense that there’s danger.” He’s Talking about Camera – Specifically, the 3rd-Person Camera Naughty Dog always Uses. “We go with the wider camera for basic gameplay because the [series] is about exploration and wide-open spaces”, Writer Josh Scherr Continues. “You want to feel the grandeur of these environments and have them pull you in, versus The Last Of Us, which is about danger lurking around every corner. By restricting your view a little bit, we forced the player to constantly look over their shoulder, scouting for threats. The camera choices alone add to the tone of any game.” But, in an Industry that’s Somewhat Addicted to 1st-Person Shooters at the Minute, Why does Naughty Dog always Want to Take the Camera Over-the-Shoulder – we Always Thought that, a First-Person Perspective was Better for Agency, Better for Making the Player Care about the World they’re in ? “For me personally”, Explains Cambier, “if I can’t see the character… well, I want to know what they’re going through, you know ? I’ve always felt more connected to the protagonist in third-person games because of that. If I’m playing a first-person game, I get to a cutscene and the camera comes out and I see my self and I think ‘Oh yeah ! That’s what I look like !’ [laughs] For me, that comes with a bit of a disconnect. I think third-person is a stronger medium for getting you to relate to the character as a protagonist”.




Info Source:

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/features/can-drake-save-next-gen

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário