quinta-feira, 25 de dezembro de 2014

VIDEO: John Romero's Christmas Present is Cooler than Yours




Famed Game Designer Brenda Romero Went to Twitter to Unveil her Husband, John Romero's, Christmas Gift Earlier this Week and it is Something Else. The Sculpture Called, "Icons of Doom", is the Handiwork of Artist, Jason Hite. His Website Goes into Detail about his Relationship with the Franchise and includes Some Amazing Photographs of his Creation. "The sculpture was at the Copro Nason Gallery from October 17 until November 8", Hite Told via Email. "John Romero was actually the very first person I sent images and info on the Copro Show. He wrote back, 'The sculpture is incredible, I love it ! Great job. And I’m happy you really loved Doom'. I didn't hear anything else from him or the gallery so, I figured he thought it was cool but, not [$6,000] cool. A few weeks later, out of the blue, John messaged me asking if the sculpture was still for sale. There was one other person who also expressed interest to me but, had not confirmed yet so, I told John the sculpture was his ! My six year old son Lucian and I, met up with John and Brenda for breakfast while they were in Anaheim this past Sunday. We had a terrific time talking with them and their young son Donovan about all kinds of games." The Sculpture Features a Cyberdemon Miniature from Reaper Miniatures and Weapons Scraped Together from Old Action Figures. It also includes Multimedia Elements like Old Circuit Boards and for a Time, Real .30 Caliber Rifle Cartridges. Those Have Only Recently been Replaced with Dummy Ammo. The Central Sin Demon was Handcrafted Using Clay and then Cast in Urethane Resin. Hite Says, he has More Doom-Themed Sculptures Planned, this Time in the Form of a Fan-Made Film.




Info Sources:

https://twitter.com/br/status/546742255608803328

http://hitestudios.com/icons-of-doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCG1yJ0iOI


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário